The process of transferring containerized cargo loaded onto ships at sea is known as sea freight shipping. The majority of trade in the world is transported by sea. Sea freight is the most practical choice for international freight shipping.
Shipments weighing more than 100 kg or made up of several cartons will often be transported via sea freight. The shipping containers are made specifically for intermodal freight transportation. This indicates that the containers can be utilized with many modes of transportation, such as ships, trains, and trucks, without the need to unload and reload the cargo.
We provide manufacturers, contractors, industries, as well as products for global production suppliers, time- and money-saving sea freight shipping service options.
Our premium containerized shipping services for sea freight come with promises of a wonderful shipping journey.
We offer 20-foot, normal 40-foot, and 40-foot high cube containers for shipping of general cargo by sea, and we have an expanding network of container storage and loading facilities. Additionally, we offer bulk, LCL, and FCL shipping.
Sea freight advantages and drawbacks
Shipping freight via sea has many advantages and disadvantages. We want to be open and honest about both so that you can decide if this is the best course of action for you.
The advantages of Sea freight shipment are as follows:
- Cheapest means of shipping goods compared to other options (like air freight)
- Over vast distances, less expensive than other freight modalities (like air freight).
- The most environmentally friendly option
The drawbacks of carrying freight by sea include:
- You must wait longer for your items to arrive because air freight has a shorter transit time.
- The cost of shipping lesser quantities of items cannot be sustained.
Our shipping services for sea freight include:
- Liquid and dry bulk
- Sea Export paperwork
- Sea Import paperwork
- Pickup and delivery by truck to the loading port
- Cold Chain Shipping
- General-purpose, high-cube, and reefer containers of 20, 40, and 45 feet
- Equipment for out-of-gauge and unusual containers
Less than Container Load (LCL) or Groupage Freight Shipping
- Partial or full vessel charters
- RORO Shipping of Freight
- Full capability for customs clearance
(General Cargo and Dangerous Goods) Sea Pallet Shipping
- Transportation of automobiles (trucks, lorries, buses, cars, and heavy equipment)
- Processing of Form M and PAAR Customs Clearing
removing items from bonded warehouses
Our mission at Autowaves Logistics Company is to deliver exceptional value for our clients, our employees and our society. Our company is a leading Logistics Company in Lagos Nigeria for our outstanding Customs Clearance & Freight Forwarding services.